Although my stay there was short, the hotel lived up to my expectations.
1) It’s located in the Financial district and within walking distance of many great neighborhoods like Nob Hill, North Beach, and Chinatown.
2) The rooms are clean, bright, and spacious. I scored a king sized bed. Complimentary bottles of water are provided. There was a small LCD TV, large desk/office space, and pretty old world decor.
3) The bathroom amenities are decent – nice smelling shampoos and soaps. They have nice hotel bath robes for use as well.
Warning: The showers have very low water pressure. This is a requirement of California state law in a bid to conserve water.
4) Hotel staff are courteous, friendly, helpful, and not over eager for tips (which can be quite annoying).
5) The hotel has their own drivers and town cars which you can use to get around town. It’s a tad more expensive than using a cab, but cabs can take quite a long time to secure (I had to wait 15 minutes for one on Friday night). I used the service for my ride back to SFO on Sunday morning and they had a car/driver ready within 10 minutes.
The limo company is called Big Black Limi Inc and can be reached at 415-827-3606.
1) They advertise free wi-fi on their site but fail to mention that it is only free to their reward program members or from the lobby area. If you use the wi-fi in your room, it’s $10 US per day.
Tip: sign-up for their rewards program in advance of booking your room. It’s free and will allow you to enjoy free wi-fi at any of their hotels.
2) They allow you to check-in online in advance and claim you do not have to wait in line to get your keys. There’s only one place to line-up to speak with concierge, check-in or check-out. I had to wait in line for 10 minutes before I could speak with someone to get my room key/assignment etc. 10 minutes is not such a big deal, but they should’nt advertise a service for which they cannot deliver.
3) I checked in early and was not able to get a room with a nice city view. I ended up getting placed on a lower floor, with a view directly into an office building, and close to the elevator. It was rather noisy.
Despite some of the minor issues, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It’s nice and close to the action.
Check out my hotel photos below:
Powered by Facebook Comments