Austria, Europe, Vienna

See Vienna By Night.

October 7, 2011
Vienna By Night

As summer fades away and we settle into fall, I find myself looking forward to spending yet another beautiful Christmas in Europe. I long for the markets, hot cups of mulled wine and the overall festive spirit.

I spent last Christmas in Vienna, Austria and believe that it’s one of the most incredibly beautiful cities on earth. Picture perfect actually!

Just when I thought that Prague by night was a romantic delight, I walked through Vienna at night and fell in love with yet another European city. It’s almost hard to call one my favorite …

Vienna By Night

Vienna By Night

Vienna By Night

Vienna By Night
Vienna By Night

• Reply Tristan Cuschieri October 7, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Once again, I’m compelled to comment on your stunning photos, Cheryl. Amazing shots. I love the last one, in particular… The man staring at the camera in the lower-left corner adds so much character to the picture!

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 7, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Thanks Tristan! I love taking the photos … although I’m wondering if the man is happy I was taking the picture!!?? :)

• Reply Cathy Sweeney October 8, 2011 at 2:46 am

How lucky to spend Christmas in Vienna. Looks beautiful! Wonderful photos — the people in the last photo are very interesting.

• Reply Adrian B. October 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Your photos are great and Vienna looks so elegant – I’m sure it could be the perfect place to spend the New Year’s Eve too.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 8, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Thank you! Vienna is truly beautiful. I wouldn’t mind spending NYE there at all.

• Reply Andrea October 8, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Such beautiful night photos! I agree that Vienna is a city that must be seen after dark – gorgeous!

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 9, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Thanks Andrea. I also have a crush on Budapest by night too but unfortunately didn’t get too many shots. Need to go back!!

• Reply Grace October 8, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Beautiful exposure on the last shot. I like how ghostly the crowd looks like. It looks like its Christmas out there every night.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 9, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Thank you so much Grace. Your comment’s very appreciated! :)

• Reply Stephanie - The Travel Chica October 10, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Incredible photos! I wish I had known something about photography when I visited Vienna several years ago.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 10, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Thanks so much! The city is much like a beautiful model posing for pictures. =)

• Reply Weird and Wonderful Milan ... In Photos. | cherylhoward.com October 13, 2011 at 11:11 am

[…] Where I’ve Been See Vienna By Night. […]

• Reply Trailer Hitched | Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival | 14th Edition November 4, 2011 at 6:33 pm

[…] Howard gives us a glimpse in to the beauty of Vienna at night with a lovely collection of […]

• Reply A City By Night: Szczecin, Poland. | cherylhoward.com November 7, 2011 at 7:22 pm

[…] at night … I’ve spent hours punishing my feet walking through the streets of Prague and Vienna (even though it was super […]

• Reply Deman April 7, 2014 at 1:26 pm

The post brings up memories….I was there just for a day. Managed to go the Shonbrunn Castle from the centre on foot. It was good to get lost in the quarters and see how the locals live.

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 7, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Hi Deman,

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed the photos. I miss Vienna … hope to get back there sometime again soon.

Cheryl