Austria, Europe, Vienna

Beautiful European Capitals: See Vienna By Night

October 7, 2011
Vienna By Night

See Vienna By Night

As summer fades away and we settle into fall, I find myself looking forward to spending yet another beautiful Christmas in Europe. I long for the markets, hot cups of mulled wine, and the overall festive spirit.

I spent last Christmas in Vienna, Austria and now believe that it’s one of the most incredibly beautiful cities on earth. Picture perfect actually.

See Vienna By Night

Just when I thought that Prague by night was a romantic delight, I walked through Vienna at night and fell in love with yet another European city. It’s almost hard to call just one city one my favourite.

See Vienna By Night See Vienna By Night See Vienna By Night See Vienna By Night See Vienna By Night

Recommended reading: Looking to do something other than see Vienna by night? Check out The Telegraph’s Vienna city break guide  or read The Guardian’s Vienna city guide.

Better yet, read what local expat Carly Hulls has to say about her adopted home town.

Location

If you like this post, share it on Pinterest.
Vienna by Night

Comments

comments

• Reply Tristan Cuschieri October 7, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Once again, I’m compelled to comment on your stunning photos, Cheryl. Amazing shots. I love the last one, in particular… The man staring at the camera in the lower-left corner adds so much character to the picture!

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 7, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Thanks Tristan! I love taking the photos … although I’m wondering if the man is happy I was taking the picture!!?? 🙂

• Reply Cathy Sweeney October 8, 2011 at 2:46 am

How lucky to spend Christmas in Vienna. Looks beautiful! Wonderful photos — the people in the last photo are very interesting.

• Reply Adrian B. October 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Your photos are great and Vienna looks so elegant – I’m sure it could be the perfect place to spend the New Year’s Eve too.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 8, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Thank you! Vienna is truly beautiful. I wouldn’t mind spending NYE there at all.

• Reply Andrea October 8, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Such beautiful night photos! I agree that Vienna is a city that must be seen after dark – gorgeous!

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 9, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Thanks Andrea. I also have a crush on Budapest by night too but unfortunately didn’t get too many shots. Need to go back!!

• Reply Grace October 8, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Beautiful exposure on the last shot. I like how ghostly the crowd looks like. It looks like its Christmas out there every night.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 9, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Thank you so much Grace. Your comment’s very appreciated! 🙂

• Reply Stephanie - The Travel Chica October 10, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Incredible photos! I wish I had known something about photography when I visited Vienna several years ago.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 10, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Thanks so much! The city is much like a beautiful model posing for pictures. =)

• Reply Deman April 7, 2014 at 1:26 pm

The post brings up memories….I was there just for a day. Managed to go the Shonbrunn Castle from the centre on foot. It was good to get lost in the quarters and see how the locals live.

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 7, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Hi Deman,

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed the photos. I miss Vienna … hope to get back there sometime again soon.

Cheryl