Europe, Poland, Szczecin

See Szczecin Poland by Night

November 7, 2011
Szczecin

Szczecin Poland by Night

You already know how much I like walking through a city by night. I’ve spent hours punishing my feet walking through the streets of Prague, Krakow, and Vienna (even though it was super cold in all three places).

Of course, Szczecin, Poland was no exception. Walking around during the day, I discovered that the city has a rough gritty charm that contrasts with its stunning old world architecture. Not only that, Szczecin’s street art was also a delightful surprise.

Then at night, it got even better. Night brings about such a different character to a city making it seem dark, mysterious, and most of all romantic! Europe’s beauty never ceases to amaze me. My friend and I wandered around for a few hours, killing time before we caught our train back to Berlin.

See Szczecin Poland by Night

Was we walked around, I took these Szczecin Poland by night photos.

Szczecin

Szczecin

Looking up at the Pomeranian Duke’s Castle

Szczecin

St James Cathedral from a distance. Our tip? Pay a small fee to climb to the top of the steeple for a panoramic view over Szczecin.

Szczecin

Szczecin

Szczecin

The Royal Gate, with its Baroque architecture was built between 1725-1727

Szczechin

The Angel of Freedom, located at Solidarity Square, was built in memory of 16 anti-communist workers who died while protesting in 1970.

Szczechin

Szczechin

Szczechin

If you liked this Szczecin Poland by night post, read some other articles I wrote about the city:

1. Instagramming Szczecin, Poland
  2. Instagramming Szczecin, Poland โ€ฆ Again
  3. Instatrip: Szczecin Photos

Need a place to stay when youโ€™re visiting Szczecin? Check out hotels on booking.com.

Booking.com

If you like this post, share it on Pinterest.

Szczecin Poland by Night

Comments

comments

• Reply fotoeins | Henry November 7, 2011 at 3:25 pm

A very beautiful and solemn nighttime glow seemed to settle over Szczecin!

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm

@Henry – it was a really fun day in Szczecin!

• Reply Christy November 8, 2011 at 7:55 am

This is very, very beautiful! There is just this mystic charm about the night scenes. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 8, 2011 at 10:57 am

@Christy – thank you! Exploring cities by night is so fun.

• Reply Andrea November 8, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Lovely – I love walking around European cities at night!

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 8, 2011 at 10:31 pm

@Andrea – thanks! This is a really romantic place. Now to find me someone to enjoy it with. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Reply Jeremy Branham November 9, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I haven’t spent much time in Poland but did love Krakow and Auschwitz.

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 9, 2011 at 10:38 pm

@Jeremy – I hope to make my way there soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Jenna November 10, 2011 at 5:14 am

Very pretty. The ones of the old buildings really remind me of Czech towns. You are very fortunatebto be able to take day trips like this! And i agree with Jeremy– I loved Krakow (went twice!), and Auschwitz was an experience I’ll never forget (went there twice, too!).

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm

@Jenna – Thanks so much! I’ll make my way to Krakow and Auschvitz sometime soon.

• Reply Melissa November 11, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Great photos – love the colours!

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 11, 2011 at 6:05 pm

@Melissa – Thank you for your kind comment and for stopping by my blog. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Kyle August 29, 2013 at 9:20 am

Hi Cheryl, great blog! It’s good to know that other people fell in love with Szczecin too. We were there for only a day (took a train from/to Berlin a couple weeks ago) and absolutely loved it! The food was fantastic, so was the beer and the city is not like any other city..there is a hustle and energy combined with a laid back feel. Any of your readers in the area would be remiss if they didn’t take the opportunity to get there for at least a day. Cheers!

• Reply Cheryl Howard August 29, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Kyle – thanks for stopping by my blog! I’m a huge fan of Szczecin and glad to know there are more out there. ๐Ÿ˜€