Europe, Poland, Restaurants, Szczecin

Where to Eat in Szczecin, Poland.

November 8, 2011

A Day Trip from Berlin to …  Szczecin, Poland.

If you’re spending time walking through Szczecin, Poland taking pictures of the city by day and later by night you start to get pretty tired. You need “fuel” to keep on going, especially if you’re going to walk around seeking out street art, so make sure you stop, grab a bite to eat and maybe sling back a nice glass of Polish beer (or two).

Where to Eat in Szczecin, Poland.

As in Szczecin on a day trip from Berlin, I only stopped to eat at a couple of places. If you’re looking for a more comprehensive list of where to eat in Szczecin, check out Lonely Planet and Virtual Tourist.

Now just where did I eat? Let me tell you.

Stop #1 – Amoze

The first stop was at a restaurant, lounge and cafe called Amoze. Serving up a Mediterranean menu, you won’t find any Polish food here.

Admittedly, I did not plan ahead for my day trip to Szczecin. I thought we’d stumble across a restaurant that looked good and that’s where we’d eat. This is exactly how we found Amoze.

As I’d really been hoping for an authentic Polish food experience, I ordered a dish that was as close to it as I could get … some spicy goulash soup and a glass of Polish beer. I know, I know goulash is not Polish but at least the beer was!

Both were quite good and hit the spot. I left the restaurant very ready hit the streets for more walking and picture taking.

Szczecin

Szczecin
Address:
 Ul. Wielka Odrzańska 31 70-535 Szczecin.

Stop #2 – Brama

Later it was time to eat again and escape from the cold. Plus, I needed a coffee stat. While walking we spied this stunning building.

Szczechin
Thinking it was just another monument, we were amazed to discover that it’s actually a cafe, restaurant and club named Brama Jazz Cafe. It has a pretty chilled out atmosphere with an overall decor that doesn’t match the building outside.

Szczechin
Cool chandeliers adorn the ceiling.

Szczecin
Pictures of surfers and even a surf board are up on the wall.

Szczecin

Szczecin
Aloha? Am I in Hawaii?

Szczecin
Despite being a surfer’s paradise with hipster patrons, the cafe is a great place to hang out, have a coffee, do work and even eat.

I had a light snack of french fries which were really good.  I’m somewhat of a french fry officiando, so that means something. Some girls have ice cream as their comfort food, I have french fries!

My final verdict on the establishment? Yes, “I heart Brama” enough to come back.

Szczecin
Address
: pl. Hołdu Pruskiego 1  70-550 Szczecin.

Comments

comments

• Reply Andrea November 8, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Love the decor! I can’t wait to eat Polish food tomorrow. =)

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 8, 2011 at 10:30 pm

@Andrea – crazy but yet cool decor right? Seriously … next time I’m in Szczecin, I’m going to OD on pierogi! Enjoy and please .. post food pron pics. 🙂

• Reply Christy @ Technosyncratic November 10, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Mmmm, goulash…. we’ve had it multiple times in both Prague and Budapest. Yummy!

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm

@Christy – yummy is right. It was quite a nice meal. 🙂

• Reply Stephanie - The Travel Chica November 13, 2011 at 5:23 am

That monument cafe is awesome. A great find!

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm

@Stephanie – It is awesome. I want to go back …

• Reply Cole @ FourJandals November 14, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Good looking food and places! Will need to keep these in mind when we are there next year. Cheers

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 14, 2011 at 5:23 pm

@Cole – It was quite a nice day in Szczecin. Hope my info proves useful. 🙂

• Reply 2011: A Year In Review For cherylhoward.com. | cherylhoward.com January 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm

[…] 9 – Szczecin – one morning in November, myself and a visiting friend from Toronto decided to make a day trip from Berlin to a Polish border town. We had fun walking through Szczecin taking photos by day, later at night and trying out a couple of local eateries. […]

• Reply Cafe Popularna in Szczecin, Poland. | cherylhoward.com August 12, 2012 at 10:50 pm

[…] up in a cafe working my Weekend Guide to Budapest. While I’d hung out in the surfer inspired Brama Jazz Cafe the year before, I wanted to find a different but equally cool place this time […]

• Reply Colourful Szczecin in Poland | Rear View Mirror August 20, 2012 at 6:15 pm

[…] city worth visiting for more than just a day. There are pretty squares, historic monuments and great food too. var dd_offset_from_content = 55; var dd_top_offset_from_content = 0; Filed Under: Travel Photos […]