Amsterdam, Europe, The Netherlands

An Abundance Of Street Art in Amsterdam.

December 20, 2011
Street Art in Amsterdam.

I’m still quite amazed at the sheer volume of street art there was to be found in Amsterdam. This marks my third blog post on the subject (you can view my first post here and the other here). I had no idea that Amsterdam played host to such a vibrant and thriving street art community!

I like this first one, as it’s cute and well … it’s true!

I adore this one!

Street Art in Amsterdam.

Not such a grand example of street art and written in English, hardly requires a Dutch translation, but I quite like the sentiment being expressed.

Street Art in Amsterdam.

Is Daft Punk playing at your house?

Street Art in Amsterdam.

This one is dramatic, intricate and one of my favorites by far.

Street Art in Amsterdam.

If you’re a fan of graffiti and street art, clearly Amsterdam is the place to be right now. If you can’t make it there anytime soon, check out these Amsterdam street art blogs:

1. Amsterdam Street Art’s Weblog: http://amsterdamstreetart.wordpress.com/
  2. Project ASA: http://www.amsterdamstreetart.com/

Comments

comments

• Reply Andrea December 21, 2011 at 6:36 am

I see you’re loving the Amsterdam scene! Great pics =)

• Reply Cheryl Howard December 22, 2011 at 8:55 pm

@Andrea – thanks! I have at least one or two more posts and just on the street art. 🙂

• Reply CFYE December 24, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Great captures!

#1 on the right – Wojofoto, #3 – Yatusabes – #4 Mon Mort – and the last one is GAIA (others unknown to me as well!).

• Reply Cheryl Howard December 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm

@CFYE – Thanks so much. Also, thanks for listing out who did what.

• Reply Jaime December 26, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Great shots… I love street art… I have a post on Street art in Amsterdam that I havent publish yet. Im saving it for when I will be offline for a while or some thing.

• Reply Cheryl Howard December 26, 2011 at 6:25 pm

@Jaimie – Thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing your post. =)

• Reply Tristan January 5, 2012 at 12:53 am

Raaaaaad. I think I’ve told you this before, but… I love street art. The side profile of that kid reading the book is just so good.

• Reply Cheryl Howard January 5, 2012 at 3:03 pm

@Tristan – well at least one more post about street art in the ‘Dam is coming up! Stay tuned. 😉

I also love that one with the kid reading the book … I like that whoever created has a sense of humor even if it’s a toilet styled sense of humor.

• Reply m April 20, 2013 at 5:56 am

5# 10:gu
    8# stinkfish
    9# anopsy

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 20, 2013 at 4:10 pm

@M – Thanks for your comment. As I really have no way to verify who the creators of this great work are, it’s always nice to know.