Europe, Gdansk, Poland

Graffiti And Street Art In Gdansk, Poland.

April 14, 2012
Gdansk Street Art

I know, I know … another post about street art? What can I say? I have an addictive personality and when I’m passionate about something like I am about street art and graffiti, I just can’t help myself.

This time it’s street art and graffiti in Gdansk, Poland where I spent my Easter weekend.

Gdansk Street Art

Which one is your favorite? I personally like the “too much love” photo. Can you ever really have too much love?

I’ve also realized that I’ve built up quite the collection of street art in Poland! You can check out my photos from Krakow and Szczecin here.

Comments

comments

• Reply Adam April 14, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I watched a really good documentary the other day about street art/graffiti. It was about the Robbo/Banksy graffiti wars. Kind of interesting….

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Hmm, where did you watch the documentary? I’d love to check it out ..

• Reply Sophie April 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Hm… Too much love… certainly makes you stop and ponder.
    My brother is in med school in Gdansk and it´s about time for a visit. Thanks for the added inspiration.

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 16, 2012 at 9:06 pm

@Sophie – Ahhh, it’s such a beautiful city. You’ll love it …

• Reply Mel April 15, 2012 at 11:35 am

I love the ones of the elephants, but I find the toilet paper just one too funny.

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 16, 2012 at 9:05 pm

@Mel – I think both the toilet and toilet paper ones are funny. 😉

• Reply Andrea April 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I love the elephant! =)

• Reply Roy Marvelous April 16, 2012 at 3:05 am

Love it! Had no idea that Poland was so rich in street art.
    Btw that documentary is “Exit through the gift shop”

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 16, 2012 at 9:07 pm

@Andrea – Cute right? 🙂

@Roy – Head to Poland now. 😀

OK, I’ve seen that then. Love that documentary!

• Reply Kristina April 22, 2012 at 11:30 am

There certainly is a lot of talent in Gdansk! Some of them actually remind me of Banksy. Is there any stencil by him in the city? I am from Toronto, there is also quite a lot wonderful street art.

• Reply Cheryl Howard April 22, 2012 at 1:22 pm

@Kristina – thanks for the visit! There’s a great street art scene all across Europe. I never really bothered much with street art when I was in Toronto, will check it out sometime.

• Reply ebe May 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Such eerily lovely photos! The 90210 made me laugh out loud. And elephants in Gdansk – perfect.

• Reply Cheryl Howard May 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

@Ebe – Thank you. I like the 90210 one as well. And of course, elephants! 😉

• Reply Christie May 6, 2012 at 7:27 pm

It’s amazing that street art can exist in such various forms. It really reflects the city’s atmosphere. I mean there’s a remarkable difference between Gdansk street art and, let’s say, Toronto street art. Toronto bursts with great works but they are becoming so precise and academic that they’ve almost lost their spontaneity. 90210 is hilarious! 🙂

• Reply Cheryl Howard May 7, 2012 at 8:20 pm

@Christie – Gdansk is a great city. I also love the 90210 one ..

• Reply Easter Weekend in Gdansk, Poland. | cherylhoward.com May 19, 2012 at 6:57 pm

[…] (and I mean a lot), I reluctantly settled with using my iPhone. I did manage to capture a lot of street art and graffiti photos around Gdansk before the battery completely […]

• Reply Stranded in Konin. | cherylhoward.com June 29, 2012 at 4:08 pm

[…] may or may not have already read about my Easter weekend in Gdansk, where I checked out street art and visited the nearby Sopot for my first glimpse of the Baltic Sea and the crazy cool Unvertical […]

• Reply Graffiti And Street Art In Szczecin, Poland - Part 2. | cherylhoward.com July 26, 2012 at 11:56 am

[…] my first post about street art and graffiti in Szczecin. You might also like my other posts about street art and graffiti in Gdansk and street art and graffiti in Krakow. Related Posts:Graffiti And Street Art In Gdansk, […]

• Reply Katie February 25, 2015 at 1:25 am

I love Poland…have only made it to Krakow, Warsaw, and Wroclaw so far, but Gdansk is really high on the list. Everywhere we’re bene has just had a really young and vibrant energy to it!

• Reply Cheryl Howard February 25, 2015 at 6:44 am

Hey Katie – I am addicted to Poland and just can’t wait to go back! You’d love Gdansk and especially nearby, Sopot. Both cities are beautiful!