Berlin, Europe, Expat Living, Germany

Instagram Postcards Of Berlin – Jan and Feb 2012 Edition.

June 10, 2012

It may seem that I’m always travelling. What kind of travel blogger would I be otherwise? Yet I do have a place I love to call home and that’s Berlin. As I’m on the road so much, it’s only natural for people ask me “Cheryl, what is it that you do when you are not travelling?

Rather than bore you with the minute details of my every day life, I’ll show you instead through my favorite Instagram photos. I think the images help paint an overall picture of my new life as an expat in Berlin.

This post will be the first of many more to come and is part of a regular series to be published monthly.  Since my boyfriend iPhone and I have only been together since January, this introductory post will focus on things I saw and did during January and February 2012.

Instagramming Berlin

Highlights included going for long walks around my rather lovely district of Prenzlauer Berg, attending a Berlin Fashion Week party, going to my first Rollin Restaurant dinner and quite oddly a 90’s dance party featuring Haddaway (yes, you read that correctly).

Postcards of Berlin. An Abandoned Factory in Prenzlauer Berg

Postcards of Berlin. Marienburgerstr in Prenzlauer Berg

Postcards of Berlin. A Communal Book Tree in Prenzlauer Berg

Postcards of Berlin. Fashion Rock Night Party

Postcards of Berlin. Fashion Rock Night Party

Postcards of Berlin. Fashion Rock Night Party

Postcards of Berlin. Dinner Setting For a January Rollin Restaurant Event

Postcards of Berlin. Berliner Dom And TV Tower on a Rainy Sunday Night

Postcards of Berlin. 90’s Dance Party at the Velodrom Featuring Haddaway

Postcards of Berlin. 90’s Dance Party at the Velodrom Featuring Haddaway

90’s Dance Party at the Velodrom Featuring Haddaway

So as you can see, life in Berlin is good! A little crazy (I mean who actually goes out of their way to watch Haddaway perform?) but good.

Follow me on Instagram (@cdngrrleh) to see photo updates about my life in Berlin and of course my travels.

Comments

comments

• Reply Instagram Postcards Of Berlin - Jan and Feb 2012 Edition. | cherylhoward.com | Berlin Life Style | Scoop.it June 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

[…] } #themeHeader #titleAndDescription * { color: black; } cherylhoward.com – Today, 7:19 […]

• Reply Natalie June 11, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Us expats – sometimes I think we have the best of both lives. Love the photos.

• Reply Cherina June 11, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Great pics, Cheryl. I’m a little bit in love with the book tree!

• Reply Cheryl Howard June 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM

@Nathalie – Thanks! I think we do. I love getting to know Berlin and am happy I decided to move here. I feel like I’m living out a life I only dreamed about previously.

@Cherina – Thank you. And isn’t that idea great? I love it too. Saw one like this in a small Italian village recently.

• Reply Ayngelina June 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I love how Instagram encourages people just to share their daily lives, so happy you are making this a feature.

• Reply Tristan June 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

LOVE the book tree! That’s so rad.

• Reply Cheryl Howard June 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM

@Ayngelina – Aww, thanks! It’s such an easy way to show what I’m doing as opposed to writing a long blog post for each one! 🙂

@Tristan – They should put these up in Toronto. I think people would love them.

• Reply A Montrealer Abroad June 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I really love your Instagram shots – I always keep an eye out for them in my Instagram feed 😉

• Reply Christy @ Technosyncratic June 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM

That book tree is awesome!! And I’m still bummed we didn’t get to experience more of Berlin’s nightlife while we were there; clearly we need to head back. 🙂

• Reply Cheryl Howard June 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

@A Montrealer Abroad – Thanks so much! Glad you enjoy them. 🙂

@Christy – I really hope we can meet the next time you’re back in Berlin. That would be so cool!

• Reply Dean June 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Love the abandoned factory and the book tree. Great photos!

• Reply Cheryl Howard June 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

@Dean – Thanks. I really like the abandoned factory photo too. And the book tree sure is proving popular. 🙂

• Reply Jarmo June 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Cool photos Cheryl! Berlin definitely looks like a happening quite a place 😉

• Reply Cheryl Howard June 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM

@Jarmo – Thanks! It’s a pretty great place to live. 🙂

• Reply Andrea June 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM

And what a fabulous life it is =)

• Reply Cheryl Howard June 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

@Andrea – Yeah, I can’t complain. 🙂

• Reply Laurel June 20, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I can see why you like Berlin so much – seems like there’s always something happening.

• Reply Cheryl Howard June 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

@Laurel – It’s never ever boring, that’s for sure. 🙂

• Reply fotoeins | Henry July 3, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Cheryl, I really like your urban/building shots, and most of all, I like how you’re capturing the feel, the essence of the Hauptstadt.

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM

@Henry – Thanks, there will be more of these posts coming each month. 🙂

• Reply Berlin: City of Hipsters, City of Entrepreneurs | Adventurous Kate March 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

[…]  When explaining Berlin nightlife in a nutshell, I love to use an example from my friend Cheryl, a former Berlin expat.  Cheryl once went out to a 90s dance party at a Berlin club. Nothing […]

• Reply Mike March 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I’m brand new to your site and now I need to visit Berlin! It looks awesome. I’ll be teaching in Spain next year, so hopefully I’ll be able to make it there or at least to Germany! I look forward to continuing to follow your site!

• Reply Cheryl Howard March 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

@Mike – Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

You most definitely need to visit Berlin. You’ll prob find yourself not wanting to leave. It’s a special place and I just can’t wait to get back.