Berlin, Europe, Germany, Snapshots

Berlin Love Notes – Snapshot I.

July 4, 2012
Berlin Graffiti And Streetart.

Berlin Graffiti And Streetart.
I already told you about how love is in the air in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg as red stencilled hearts began randomly showing up on doors, sidewalks and walls. Yesterday, I spotted yet another instance of hearts painted on the side of a construction fence on Am Friedrichshain.

What motivates the person (or people) doing this? Are they in love with someone? Are they in love with Berlin? Are they simply trying to make others happy?

Whatever it is, I love it! As I find more hearts around my hood, I’ll feature the photos here in my Snapshots section and on Instagram (@cdngrrleh) with the tagline/hash tag “Berlin Love Notes” or #berlinlovenotes.

Facebook Comments

• Reply David July 4, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I’ve been amazed by the amount of love-related art in Berlin since I started ‘looking for love’ so to speak

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 4, 2012 at 12:47 pm

@David – I love street art in general, but I really like this series. I wish someone was doing this for me. 🙂 🙂

• Reply fotoeins | Henry July 4, 2012 at 5:57 pm

With the variety of street art in the Hauptstadt – the good, the bad, the hopeful, the critical – the sight of these hearts on a street barrier makes me … happy. Hope you find lots more, C!

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 5, 2012 at 2:46 pm

@Henry – I hope I find more too! It’s fun to stumble upon them.

• Reply Andrea July 5, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Oh wow – I love it too! How sweet =)

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm

@Andrea – It’s adorable. I hope that it continues for a while as it’s fun to discover each and every one!

• Reply Will Peach July 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Love this. Glad that you spotted my ode to you Cheryl 😉

• Reply Berlin Love Notes – Snapshot II. | August 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm

[…] box at the entrance to Volkspark Friedrichshain this week. Check out my earlier spottings on the side of a construction fence and throughout my immediate […]

• Reply Instagram Postcards Of Berlin – Jun 2012 Edition. | October 3, 2012 at 2:38 pm

[…] Berlin love notes started appearing everywhere in Prenzlauer Berg. […]

• Reply Instagram Postcards Of Berlin – Sep 2012 Edition. | March 10, 2013 at 8:39 pm

[…] Little Hearts Appeared All Over Prenzlauer Berg Last Summer. (See here, here and […]