Europe, Poland, Szczecin

Graffiti And Street Art In Szczecin, Poland – Part 2.

July 23, 2012
Street Art in Szczecin.

This past weekend, I made my way back to Szczecin (Stettin auf Deutsch) for some quality time with myself. It had been several months since I travelled on my own! So much for being a solo female traveller. Between vacations with friends, blog trips and conferences, it had been way too long.

Accordingly, my weekend was spent in doing all the things I love. That’s what vacations are for, right? I slept in, hung out in cafes writing a Weekend Guide To Budapest, consumed perogies and Polish beer, walked for hours and best of all, hunted down street art.

Here’s my second installment of Graffiti and Street Art in Szczecin, Poland.

Street Art in Szczecin.

Street Art in Szczecin.

Street Art in Szczecin.

Street Art in Szczecin.

Emo bird is one of the cutest pieces of street art that I’ve seen in quite some time. I adore his Justin Bieber hair style.

Street Art in Szczecin.

Give me a Star Wars reference and you’ll win my heart. When I spied a piece of Star Wars street art in Krakow last January, I could barely contain my excitement. But when you take a storm trooper and have him mimic Michael Jackson, you can pretty much guarantee a lady boner. I’m not lying!

I hate the overuse of the word “epic” but this is nothing less than epic. This crotch grabbing storm trooper is now my favorite piece of street art. Ever.

Street Art in Szczecin.

Not to be missed is my first post about street art and graffiti in Szczecin. You might also like my other posts about street art and graffiti in Gdansk and street art and graffiti in Krakow.

Comments

comments

• Reply Ayngelina July 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM

This reminds me a lot of Banksy and what I saw in Buenos Aires. I really like this type of political street art.

• Reply Christy & Kali (@Technosyncratic) July 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Seriously. That storm trooper is AMAZING.

• Reply Brock - Backpack With Brock July 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM

This street art rocks!

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

@Ayngelina – Me too!

@Christy and Kali – That storm trooper is EPIC! 🙂

@Brock – I think so too.

• Reply Waegook Tom July 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Ahh I LOVE this street art, too! I did a similar post back in February, but about Poznan. The street art is actually pretty similar – it was so unexpected and I had so much fun just wandering the streets and discovering more.

EMO Bird is definitely my favourite here.

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM

@Tom – Cool, right?! It was unexpected for me too when I went to Szczecin for the first time, but they have a lot of really cool artwork. I like Emo bird too, but the Storm Trooper stole my heart. It’s now the wallpaper for my iPhone. 🙂

• Reply jadebroadus July 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM

these are really cool, Cheryl! You always stumble on the coolest things!

• Reply The Travel Chica July 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Great stuff! Has that political edge but is still creative and artistic.

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

@Jade -Thanks! 🙂

@The Travel Chica – Poland seems to have really good street art like this in all of their cities. It’s definitely a fun part of hanging out there.

• Reply blogmetravel July 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM

“A lady boner”! Haha I love your enthusiasm! I recently went to Krakow and fell in love with the place, now I cannot wait to explore other Polish cities – especially Gdansk, Lodz and Szczecin. Such great street art really makes a city feel ‘lived in’.

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM

@Blogmetravel – Thanks! The street art in Poland is great. Hope you have a nice time discovering the art in the other cities. Gdansk is amazing btw!

• Reply Don Faust July 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Very cool – I love the stencil art – like some of Banksy’s work, as was said earlier.

It that Johnny Cash in the 3rd photo? awesome

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM

@Don – Me too! I think it’s Johnny Cash. Brilliant street art in Szczecin!

• Reply ahmedholder July 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Looks like you crossed paths with Banksy

• Reply Cheryl Howard July 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

@Ahmed – Maybe, I don’t think so but I think the work is good. 🙂

• Reply Instagramming Szczecin, Poland. | cherylhoward.com February 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

[…] no denying that the carefully restored historical buildings in the Old Town are handsome. The street art scene is not only political but humorous – think of a crotch grabbing Storm Trooper channelling his […]

• Reply Jennifer February 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Wow, what amazing street art you came across!

• Reply Cheryl Howard February 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM

@Jennifer – I remain convinced that Poland has the best street art, anywhere. And the storm trooper … I laugh every time I see the photo! 😀

• Reply » A Photo Tour of Brighton Stunning Street Art October 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM

[…] And if you fancy more reading about graffiti: Graffiti And Street Art In Szczecin, Poland […]