Europe, Instagram, Porto, Portugal

Instagram Postcards Of Porto.

October 16, 2012
Instagram Postcards of Porto.

After experiencing Lisbon to the fullest, I headed north to Porto for a travel blogging conference.

As I unfortunately slept through an early morning city tour I’d signed up for (I swear I really wasn’t hung over *this* time) and spent most of my time taking part in the conference, I sadly didn’t get to experience much of the city.

Of what little of Porto I did see, I really liked! I can’t wait to return to Portugal and get to know this charming city a whole lot better.

Needless to say, the travel blogging conference was a blast like usual. I learned a lot, had fun hanging out with other travel mad enthusiasts like myself and even celebrated a certain milestone birthday (and no, I won’t reveal my age).

Here are my favorite Instagram Postcards of Porto and the conference itself.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. The unofficial pre-conference party at La Bohème.

Instagram Postcards of Porto.
Porto street art near the Bessa Hotel.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Walking through the streets of Porto, one of Europe’s oldest cities.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Porto city view.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Sunset cruise along the Douro River.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Sunset cruise along the Douro River.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. View from the TBU opening event at Pousada do Porto Freixo Palace Hotel.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. This stunning palatial courtyard is where our cocktail party was held.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Just when I thought the sailers and fado singers in Lisbon were sexy, there was this.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Elegant palace and hotel interior.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Celebrating a milestone birthday with a yummy breakfast at the Sheraton Hotel Porto (conference venue).

Instagram Postcards of Porto. View of Porto from Alfandega Congress Centre, former Customs House.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. The interior of the congress center.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Travel bloggers go wild at every conference, this time in some sort of camera showdown.

Instagram Postcards of Porto. Some delicious fruit and all sorts of other tasty Portuguese treats.

If you like my photos, why not follow me on Instagram (@cherylhowardblog) to see pictures from my life on the road and at home in Berlin.

Have you been to Porto? If yes, tell me what I’m missing and help build up my itinerary for my next visit!

Comments

comments

• Reply Andrea October 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Loved Porto! Looks like you had a blast =)

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 25, 2012 at 2:25 pm

@Andrea – What little I saw, I liked. Can’t wait to return someday for a longer visit.

• Reply Stephanie - The Travel Chica October 27, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I love that you had cake for breakfast on your birthday.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 29, 2012 at 9:22 am

@Stephanie – Ha ha, thanks. Not a bad way to start the day! 🙂

• Reply Kathy November 5, 2012 at 1:19 pm

You must go to Porto for the São Jao festival in June, the city is amazing and it is an incredible time.

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 5, 2012 at 5:06 pm

@Kathy – I will keep this in mind for my next visit! Thanks. 🙂

• Reply Zarek November 10, 2012 at 9:02 am

It’s funny, being in London which is so close to Portugal I never really consider it as anything other than a beach destination. You’ve certainly peaked my interest though, especially with the photo of the palatial courtyard – so intricate.

• Reply Cheryl Howard November 10, 2012 at 12:32 pm

@Zarek – Portugal is so amazing! Kind people, good food, stunning architecture … I could go on and on. Hope you make it there sometime.

• Reply Sherry December 2, 2012 at 7:11 pm

A place where I want to visit soon. Looking more intriguing now. Besides, I love their sweet wine. Nice that a milestone birthday was celebrated there.

• Reply Cheryl Howard January 17, 2013 at 1:31 pm

@Sherry – I hope you make it there!! Thanks, I’m happy to have celebrated my birthday there too. 🙂

• Reply lola February 24, 2013 at 11:19 am

i really want to get to Portugal and i hear such great things about Porto. love the photos!!

• Reply Cheryl Howard February 24, 2013 at 5:25 pm

@Lola – Thank you! I hope you get there, as Portugal is such an amazing country.

• Reply Rashaad Jorden October 22, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I visited Porto several years ago, and I have very positive memories of the city. Well, except for the rain. I forgot the name of the museum, but did you visit the museum devoted to the trams? I did, and I loved the place.

• Reply Cheryl Howard October 22, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Porto is fab! I didn’t see too much of the city as I was there for a travel blogging conference and then left for a blog trip through Northern Portugal.

I’ll definitely have to check out the tram museum someday as I love weird and offbeat sites like that! Thanks for the tip.