Like it or not, it’s super difficult to find a flat in Berlin that’s available for rent. Whether you’re looking to rent your own apartment or are seeking shared accommodation, it can take weeks, even months, to find a place to call home.
With limited spots available due to the rising number of holiday rentals from Airbnb, the increasing number of Berlin expats, and the influx of Berlin refugees, demand is higher than ever, competition is fierce, and rental costs are constantly climbing.
Find a Flat in Berlin
So how can you find a flat in Berlin? To be honest, the absolute best way to find a flat in Berlin is by knowing someone. In fact, that’s how I found my current flat when I moved back to Berlin.
Recommended reading: Should You Book an Airbnb Apartment in Berlin?
Berlin Facebook Groups
What a lot of Berlin newbies don’t know is that Facebook is one of the best ways to find a flat in Berlin! Locals actually use multiple Facebook groups to advertise a room or apartment for rent in Berlin.
So if you’re an aspiring Berliner or even a current Berliner, use these Facebook groups to help you on your search to find a flat in Berlin:
- Apartments/roommates in Berlin
- Berlin Apartments – Rent – Share & Sell flats & apartments in Berlin!
- Berlin Housing
- Berlin LONG TERM rooms/flats
- Berlin Startup Flats & Flatshares
- Berlin Startup WGs
- Flats in Berlin
- Homes for Queers Berlin
- Housing Berlin
- Housing Berlin/Wohnen in Berlin
- Looking for room to rent in Berlin Moabit/Charlottenburg/Mitte
- Provisionsfreie Wohnungen Berlin
- Rent a Flat in Berlin
- Rooms & Roommates in Berlin
- Short-term accommodation Berlin: WG, Zwischenmiete, flat-share, Zimmerbörse
- Temporary Flat Rentals In Berlin
- Urban Home Berlin
- WG Zimmer Berlin
- WG, Zimmer, Wohnung, Flat, Room – Berlin
- WG, Zimmer, Wohnung in Berlin gesucht
- WG zimmer wohnung in Berlin room flat apartment rent
- Wohnung Frei in Berlin
- Wohnung in Berlin
- Wohnung in Berlin WG Zimmer
Good to Know
- Looking for tips about the process of securing a flat in Berlin? Then read this piece about renting a home in Berlin.
- For fun, read this cute illustrated guide to evaluating potential flatmates in Berlin.
- Did you know that Berliners love to use Facebook for almost anything and everything? If you’re looking for new ways to meet people and find events, check out Adam’s post. Or better yet, come to one of the monthly meetups that Adam and I host together.
- If you’re looking to find a job in Berlin, make friends in Berlin, and more, you’ll find all you need to know on my Berlin resources page.
Do you know of other Facebook groups in Berlin? If you do, leave a comment below!
If you like this post, share it on Pinterest.
Powered by Facebook Comments