Top Relocation Companies In Berlin Germany – I have the (somewhat) unique experience of moving to Berlin, not once, but twice! I came here in June 2011, stayed for a year and half, before heading home to Canada. I missed Berlin so much I came back in November 2014. I handled both moves on my own without any help well, to be frank, it was a fairly stressful time sorting out my visa situation, arranging to have my belongings shipped here, finding a place to live, and so much more. If I’d had the extra cash, I’d have hired a relocation company to assist me with both of those moves. Knowing someone else was taking care of things and making my life easier would have removed so much burden from my shoulders and allowed me to focus more on important things like spending every last minute with friends and family before leaving.
If you’re planning a move to Berlin and don’t know where to start, I’d suggest using a relocation company. They can assist you with everything from your visa application, to your flat search, and even your job hunt. Use this list of top relocation companies in Berlin Germany to get started.
Before we go on, I’ll love you forever if you signed up for my mailing list! Click on the banner above to join more than 42,000 other people who like following my travel and expat life adventures.
Top Relocation Companies In Berlin Germany
Use these relocation companies to help you move to Berlin or make your new Berlin life way easier:
1) Expats In Wonderland – These guys will make settling in Berlin way easier. Expats In Wonderland offers a vast array of services from helping you find a flat (no easy feat in Berlin!), get your relevant visa, and even relocate your business here. They are also one of the only relocations agency in the city who partners with immigration lawyers.
2) Red Tape Translation – If you want to bring a German speaker to your next appointment at the foreigner’s office, need someone to make a phone call on your behalf, or require documents to be translated, Red Tape Translation is the go to company to not only make your move to Berlin easier, but your first months here before you start learning German.
3) Expath – I think Expath may have been one of the very first relocation companies in Berlin. They have several offerings for aspiring Berliners – you can take German classes with them (remote friendly so that you can start learning even before you get here!), one on one coaching sessions, and flexible packages of hours you can book. The hours can be used how you like – they can assist you in registering your address, finding a flat, open a bank account, and more.
4) Nomaden – Nomaden provides a slew of services that will make settling in Berlin all the easier. They can help you fill out your visa application, provide you with temporary accommodation, CV editing services, and more. Nomaden also offers tons of free guides on various Berlin life topics.
5) Expat Mgmt – This Berlin relocation company helps businesses and individuals move to Berlin. Services include things like assistance converting your driver’s license, searching for a flat, advice on schools and daycares for your children, and more.
6) Start Relocation Service – Like many of the companies listed here, Start Relocation service offers plenty of services for those moving to Berlin. They can cover all of your visa needs, help you score a flat, setting up health insurance, and well … almost everything you can think of when it comes to life in Berlin.
7) MyHelpBuddy – Need help with anything in Berlin? Then book a buddy for things like going to the job center with you, translating a document, filling out a form, helping you physically move, etc. Book one task through them or many. They’re here to help.
8) Archer Relocation – An upmarket option, Archer Relocation offers services for things you may not have even thought about. Prior to moving to Berlin, you can do coaching sessions with them for things such as “super market” training (trust me, this will be invaluable!). They help with getting visas, searching for a flat, finding a kita for your children, filing insurance claims and more. Check them out!
9) Arriva Relocation Services – Arriva helps people moving to Berlin find which area of the city to live, and is really helpful when it comes to finding a flat which is no easy feat in Berlin’s ever competitive rental market. They also offer other support, like welcome tours, and more.
10) Move to Berlin Relocation Service – This company helps both individuals and companies relocate their businesses to Berlin. They offer the usual gamut of services like finding a flat, helping to ship your household here, searching for an office space, etc.
Recommended reading: If you don’t have a budget, read my comprehensive moving to Berlin guide where I provide tips about best neighbourhoods, how to set up a bank account, register address, make friends, and more.
Note – These relocation companies are not ranked in order of preference and we do not recommend one over the other. Our intention is to provide readers with a comprehensive list of options from which to choose.
That sums up our list of top relocation companies in Berlin Germany. We really hope this list is useful and that one or more of these companies can make your move to the German capital as smooth as possible.
Are we missing any relocation companies here that you would recommend? Drop us a comment below and we’ll be sure to add your suggestions.
Resources To Help You Find A Job In Berlin
I’m a career coach who can help you with your Berlin job search. I’ve lived in Berlin for close to a decade and during this time, I’ve held 5 different visas and worked as a freelance and permanent employee at 7 different companies. I’ve been “around the block” so to speak and can say from personal experiences about what works or doesn’t work when it comes to finding a job here.
As such, I’m pleased to offer some valuable resources, completely free of charge:
💖 Do you want to know how to find a job in Berlin? Read this article for loads of practical tips.
💖 How easy is it to find a job in Berlin right now, especially in the wake of COVID-19? Despite the odds stacked against you, it’s not impossible. Check this article about the reality of finding work in Berlin.
💖 Are you wondering which companies are hiring in Berlin right now? We may be in a pandemic and recession, but there is still a high demand for all sorts of professions. We recommend reading this article about companies who are currently looking for skilled people like you.
💖 Are you looking for a job in Berlin and want to connect with others who are in the same boat? Do you want to be notified about new jobs in the city and get tips and tricks to help with your job hunt? Join our Facebook group with more than 3,200 people.
💖 Subscribe to my NEW newsletter to be alerted to when new job related content is published here on the blog, get invites to exclusive online Q & A sessions, tips for CV’s and cover letters, and more!
An exciting new offering: I’m now doing (paid) one on one coaching sessions. Do you need help knowing how to create a good cover letter and CV that will work in the German market? Do you need tips for knowing how to find work in Berlin and want practical advice from an experienced person who has been in Berlin for a longtime and has been on the other side of the recruiting process as well? Then let’s spend some time together – book a session now.
Good To Know About Berlin
1) Play a tourist and explore Berlin by booking a city tour.
2) Visiting Berlin? Take a look at the hotels on booking.com.
3) If you’d prefer an Airbnb apartment instead, first time Airbnb users can use this link for a €50 travel credit.
4) If you’re thinking about road tripping through Germany (which we certainly recommend), rent a car.
5) We recommend taking a look at some of our most popular Berlin life content:
💖 Cost Of Living In Berlin In 2020 (Details From a Local) – Many wonder what is the cost of living in Berlin? One local (me!), reveals average personal expenses for things like rent, electricity, phone plans, & more.
💖 How To Make Friends In Berlin In 2020 – Find out the different ways you can make friends in Berlin with these tips about how to meet new people in the German capital.
💖 15 Tips For Moving House In Berlin – Expat in Berlin and not sure how to move? Use this comprehensive guide filled with 15 tips explaining how to go about moving house in Berlin.
If you like this post, share it on Pinterest.
*Disclosure – As this blog costs a pretty penny to run, this post contains some affiliate links. If you book a tour, car rental, or hotel, I’ll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!