cherylhoward.com is here to inspire you to travel more or move abroad. It’s geared to people who love to travel and want to experience destinations on a deeper level. This blog offers detailed travel guides to various European and North American destinations and features cool and alternative things to do. This blog also contains comprehensive expat living guides for those looking to move abroad, specifically to Berlin, and is full of practical advice like how to find a job, make friends, get permanent residency, etc.
cherylhoward.com has been around since 2010 and is the place I’ve chronicled my travel and living abroad adventures over the years. Now thousands of people visit monthly and see this as a “go to” place for guidance on European travel and life in Berlin.
Over 42,000 people follow my round the world travels and expat adventures at home in Berlin. My wanderlust has taken me 43 countries, stretching across four continents. Upon falling in love with Europe, I left Canada, quitting my job, selling everything I own, and moving to Berlin. When I’m not jetting off on a weekend getaway, I work as an Agile Coach by day and travel blogger by night. Read more on my FAQ page.
What to expect from me and this blog?
Overall, you’ll find detailed guides about a specific place or Berlin life in general. The articles are filled with photos to give you an idea of what a place is actually like and inspire you to visit there. All articles are written by me unless otherwise indicated. I tell the truth, am always realistic, and I never write about places I haven’t been or pitch products I would not personally endorse.
Mostly, I’m here to help you make the best of your trip or give you advice that will make your move abroad a success.:
- Destination features and travel guides – cool things to do (in Berlin for example), weekend guides to places like Budapest, photo inspiration to make you want to visit Mdina, travel guides to places like Burano, and more.
- Weird and offbeat things to do – find strange (but way fun) things to do around the world like hang out at The Museum Of Toilet History in Kyiv or laugh at the peeing boy statue in Helsinki.
- Hotel reviews and recommendations – recommendations about the best places to stay in a city (i.e. Mostar) or reviews of hotels like this one in Hamburg.
- Street art – get to know a city through street art in places like NYC, Krakow, and Paris.
- Berlin life updates – diary style posts where I regularly highlight the ups and downs of living abroad. See my December 2019 update.
- Berlin expat living advice – articles about how to make friends, find a job in Berlin, and learn German. Better yet, start with our most comprehensive and detailed post to date – a moving to Berlin guide.
- Expat living tips and tricks – read about essential tools for living abroad, German health insurance basics, or signs you’ve been living in Germany for a long time.