cherylhoward.com is here to inspire you to travel more or move abroad. It’s geared to people who love to travel and want to experience destinations on a deeper level. This blog offers detailed travel guides to various European and North American destinations and features cool and alternative things to do. This blog also contains comprehensive living in Germany guides for those looking to move to Berlin, and is full of practical advice like how to find a job, make friends, get permanent residency, etc.
cherylhoward.com has been around since 2010 and is the place I’ve chronicled my travel and living abroad adventures over the years. Now thousands of people visit monthly and see this as a “go to” place for guidance on European travel and life in Berlin.
Over 42,000 people follow my round the world travels and adventures at home in Berlin. My wanderlust has taken me 43 countries, stretching across four continents. Upon falling in love with Europe, I left Canada, quitting my job, selling everything I own, and moving to Germany. When I’m not jetting off somewhere, I work as a coach helping people move and find a job in Berlin (among other things). Read more on my FAQ page.
What to expect from this blog?
Overall, you’ll find detailed travel guides to specific place or advice on Berlin life. The articles are filled with photos to give you an idea of what a place is actually like, with the aim to inspire you to go there. All articles are written by me, unless otherwise indicated. I tell the truth, am always realistic, and I never write about places I haven’t been or pitch products I wouldn’t personally endorse.
Mostly, I’m here to help you make the best of your trip or dole out advice that will make your move or life abroad a success:
- Destination features and travel guides – cool things to do (in Berlin for example), weekend guides to places like Budapest, photo inspiration to make you want to visit Mdina, travel guides to places like Brno, and more.
- Weird and offbeat things to do – find strange (but way fun) things to do around the world like hang out at The Museum Of Toilet History in Kyiv, the Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade, or laugh at the Romanian Kitsch Museum.
- Hotel reviews and recommendations – recommendations about the best places to stay in a city (i.e. Mostar) or reviews of hotels like this one in Hamburg.
- Street art – get to know a city through street art in places like NYC, Krakow, and Paris.
- Berlin life advice – articles about how to make friends, the reality of finding work, and learning German. Better yet, start with this comprehensive, moving to Berlin guide.
- Expat living tips and tricks – read about essential tools for living abroad, German health insurance basics, or signs you’ve been living in Germany for a long time.