About the Blog
Founded in 2010, cherylhoward.com is a travel blog profiling some of the world’s most unusual places and things.
Discover the unique side of a destination with my detailed travel guides and posts featuring some of the world’s most unusual places and things.
Some of our top destination guides:
- 15 Exciting Day Trips From Berlin To Take In 2021 – Experience Germany with these day trips from Berlin. Expect quirky architecture, postcard scene Old Towns, and plenty of food and drink tips.
- 23 Exciting Things To Do In Brno Czechia (And Beyond) – This list of things to do in Brno, Czechia includes recommendations for offbeat sites, trendy restaurants, popular attractions, & day trips.
- Visit Burano Italy: A Guide About What To Do & Where To Eat/Sleep – Visit Burano Italy – let this photo-filled guide be your inspiration about what to do and where to eat/sleep on this dreamy Italian island.
Some of our most memorable posts about unusual places:
- Marmore Falls In Italy Is Home To The World’s Tallest Manmade Waterfall – Marmore Falls is the largest manmade waterfall in the world. Created by the Romans, this 2000 year old waterfall is 165 meters high.
- River Surfing in Munich Germany, A Landlocked City – Far from any coastline, a curious event can be found in Munich’s city center. Observe bold athletes go river surfing in Munich, Germany.
- Visit The Nikola Tesla Museum In Belgrade Serbia – Visit the Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade to learn about his fascinating life and take part in interactive exhibitions where you’ll feel like a jedi knight.
I’m a Canadian from Toronto who’s been living in Berlin for the better part of a decade. I like travelling Europe and writing about unusual places and things, as well as creating unique itineraries for various destinations.
You can also find me at The Berlin Life, a community minded hub of information and services helping people move to Berlin and find work.
Read more on my FAQ page.