It was yet another weekend in Berlin and as usual, I did the most to enjoy my Sunday. I started by taking time for a leisurely stroll along my street, stopping for a yummy brunch, and then walking through a local park. Later, I did a little shopping and people-watching at Alexanderplatz. I ended my day doing volunteer work at a refugee shelter, working an evening shift where I helped to serve dinner and assisted with cleanup afterward.
It was a good day and one where I made a concerted effort to really stop and notice things around me and not just pass through the city with my head buried in my phone. Having my camera with me helped to focus on this.
Hope you enjoy these lovely autumn photos from a Sunday in the German capital!
Photos From An Autumnal Sunday In Berlin
Since readers ask me to tell them what a typical weekend in Berlin is like, I thought I’d share how I spent part of this past weekend through these photos from a Sunday in Berlin.
My Sunday in Berlin started with a walk along my street, Pappelallee, where I snapped a photo of one of my favorite local theatre venues, Ost Ballhaus.
I then spent some time wandering around Friedhofspark, which looks pretty spectacular and decked out in autumnal colors.
Crepes at Suzette
Up next was brunch at Suzette, where I had a delicious bacon, tomato, and mushroom-filled crepe!
Alexanderplatz is always entertaining! The sight of the “grill walkers” always makes me laugh; grill walkers are people who walk around with a propane stove strapped to them and sell sausages. As all the stores in Berlin were weirdly open today, I stopped there briefly to do a little shopping.
From there I went on to Moabit, stopping at Berlin’s main train station along the way.
Next up was Moabit, where I spent more time at Berliner Stadtmission’s refugee shelter.
One last stop on my way home back to Prenzlauer Berg.
What do you think about these photos of a Sunday in Berlin? It’s a pretty special time here in the German capital and my absolute favorite season. Do you have any tips for Berlin? Drop us a comment below.
Good To Know
1) If you’re looking for somewhere to stay while you’re in Berlin, explore options on booking.com.
2) When you’re in Berlin, make your time special and go on a guided tour.
3) If you like Germany as much as we do here on this blog, read some of our other posts.
- 10 Cool Things to Do in Berlin (That Won’t Break the Bank) – Travelling to Berlin on a budget and want to enjoy the city? Check this list of fun & list cool things to do in Berlin.
- An Afternoon Walk Through the City With These Frankfurt Photos – Spending an afternoon exploring the German city, these Frankfurt photos highlight the modern skyline, museum embankment, Old Town, & more.
- River Surfing in Munich Germany, A Landlocked City – Far from any coastline, a curious event can be found in Munich’s city center. Observe bold athletes going river surfing in Munich, Germany.
*Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links. If you book a tour or hotel, I’ll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!