The Christmas Market At Old Town Square In Prague – Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Prague’s Wenceslas Square plays host to a pretty decent Christmas market, but an even more atmospheric Christmas market can be found in the historic Old Town Square. Whether you visit by day or night, you’ll find plenty of red roofed market stalls selling food and drink, as well as homemade Christmas themed souvenirs.
If you’re visiting Prague during the festive season, we suggest spending time at this most lovely of Christmas markets.
The Christmas Market At Old Town Square In Prague
This Christmas market is quite touristy and can get quite busy. Yet you’ll find locals and tourists happily mingling as the chow down on food and sip on tasty mulled wine.
What a place to hang out in! Prague’s oldest square, dating from the 12th century, is full of plenty of things to do. Flanked by buildings in various architectural styles, Romanesque, Baroque and Gothic, you can visit the Old Town Hall and climb to the top for one heck of a view over the city. Not only that, you can gather with others to watch the activity at astronomical clock as it strikes the hour. You can also go inside the impressive St. Nicolas Church or Church of Our Lady Before Tyn, among other things.
What do you think of the Christmas Market At Old Town Square In Prague? Do you have other tips for the city? Drop us a note in the comments.
Old Town Square
Staroměstské nám., 110 00 Josefov, Czechia
Good To Know
1) Looking for somewhere to stay while you’re on holiday in Prague? Find an apartment, hotel, or hostel with booking.com.
2) Make your time in Prague memorable and take a tour with Get Your Guide.
3) If you like the country as much as we do, read some of our top posts:
- More Than 50,000 Skulls Are Packed Into The Brno Ossuary – Visit this dark tourist site, the Brno Ossuary, in Czech Republic to see more than 50,000 skulls and learn about the site’s history.
- Photos From A Snow Filled Prague Castle Tour – Do something different and head to Prague during the winter season. Take in Christmas markets or better yet, take a snow filled tour of the Prague Castle complex.
- These 41 Prague Photos Prove It’s The Prettiest City In Europe – Considering a visit to the capital of Czechia? Be convinced to go there right now by looking at these Prague photos.
If you like this post, share it on Pinterest.
*Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links. If you book a tour or hotel, I’ll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!