Love and Pride At Berlin’s 2015 Christopher Street Day (CSD)
CSD is Berlin’s annual day to celebrate pride. There are parades, parties, demonstrations, and marches that last all weekend long. This year’s theme was “We’re all different. We’re all equal,” with over 200,000 people taking part in the parades and over 500,000 taking part in other festivities. With the US Supreme Court’s recent decision to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states, there was even more cause for celebration than usual.
While I’ve celebrated pride in Toronto and San Francisco, this would be the first time I’ve ever done so in Berlin. I was all too happy to join my friend, Adam, for an epic day and night full of fun and most of all, love. We attended the main parade in Charlottenburg and the alternative parade in Kreuzberg. We also went clubbing, saw Robyn perform live, danced on a box, got kissed on the cheek by “sailors”, and came home sometime after 7:00 the next morning.
My time was brilliant and I took a whole lot of photos to capture Berlin’s 2015 Christopher Street Day (CSD).
Photos From The Parade In Charlottenburg
The parades were full of color, loud music, happy people, pretty outfits, love, and tons of smiles. The main parade starts in Charlottenburg around midday and ends a few hours later at Brandenburger Tor.
Photos From The Parade In Kreuzberg
We continued to celebrate Berlin’s 2015 Christopher Street Day. The alternative parade in Kreuzberg is a much more relaxed affair. Even when it started pouring rain, the party kept going. Someone started playing music, and tons of people took to the streets and started dancing in the rain without any care about getting wet.
The city put on a great show for CSD and again, I couldn’t help but feel so very happy that I happen to be living in Berlin.
How do you like our photo-filled post rounding up Berlin’s 2015 Christopher Street Day? Have you been to this fun-filled party?
Good To Know About Berlin’s Christopher Street Day
1) Having family or friends coming in for the party and they need a place to stay? Check out hotel offerings on booking.com.
2) While your family and family members are here in Berlin, go on a guided tour.
3) Looking for more German travel inspiration. See some of our best posts.
- A Berlin Walking Food Tour With Eat-the-World – Walk and eat your way through the German capital by taking this Berlin walking food tour through Neukölln with Eat the World.
- A Day Trip From Berlin To Visit Schwerin Germany – Only 2 hours from Berlin, learn why you should visit Schwerin, Germany. Best reason? See a Disney-like castle surrounded by water & swans.
- Cool Things To Do Around Hamburg Schanzenviertel – Read this guide stuffed full of cool things to do around Hamburg Schanzenviertel, including where to eat, shop, drink, stay, & more.
*Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links. If you book a tour or hotel through any of these links, I’ll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!