A Throwback To The Kei Kegami Retrospective In Amsterdam – Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
The Lloyd Hotel in Amsterdam is pretty much one of the coolest hotels around. More than just a hotel, it plays host to small exhibitions, performances, and other cultural events. While I was staying at the hotel back in 2012, I was delighted to take in small exhibit showcasing Kei Kagami’s fashion forward shoes. As a woman with Sarah Jessica Parker like tendencies, this exhibit was right up my alley.
A Throwback To The Kei Kegami Retrospective In Amsterdam
The shoes were daring, bold, funky, and most of all, incredibly beautiful. Each pair was an extreme work of art. Astonishingly enough, all of his handcrafted shoes were considered wearable!
Not only were the shoes stunning, so was the space. This exhibition not only made me aware of an artist I hadn’t know about previously; it further convinced me that the Lloyd Hotel is really the coolest venue in Amsterdam, if not the world.
What do you think about our photos from the Kei Kegami Retrospective? Have you ever visited such an art exhibition? Tell us about in the comments below.
Good To Know
1) Find a place to stay while you’re on holiday in Amsterdam with booking.com.
2) If you’re looking for something to do when in Amsterdam, take a tour with Get Your Guide.
3) Get more European travel inspiration by checking out some of our most popular content:
- An Extreme Staircase, The Montagne De Bueren In Liège – Montagne De Bueren is one of the world’s most “extreme” staircases. With a 30% incline and 374 steps, scaling this staircase is no easy feat.
- First Impressions Of Barcelona In Pictures – My first impressions of Barcelona in pictures, highlights the less touristed and quiet side of the Spanish city.
- Photos To Make You Want To Visit Camogli Italy – Escape to the Italian Riviera and visit Camogli, Italy, a Ligurian fishing village famous for delicious focaccia and picturesque views.
If you like this post, share it on Pinterest.
*Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links. If you book a tour or hotel, I’ll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!