Christkindlmarkt am Rathausplatz In Vienna, Austria – Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
One of the best things about living in Europe is the Christmas markets! It’s one of my favourite things to do every year and makes the holiday season all the more festive. Some of my favourite Christmas markets to date are the WeihnachtsZauber Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin, the Christmas Market At Old Town Square In Prague, and the The Bratislava Christmas Market At The Main Square.
Another memorable Christmas market I visited is the Christkindlmarkt am Rathausplatz In Vienna, Austria. At this busy market next to Vienna’s beautiful and historic city hall, I drank mulled wine, ate some sausage, and browsed the Christmas market stalls.
Before we go on, I’ll love you forever if you signed up for my mailing list! Click on the banner above to join more than 42,000 other people who like following my travel and Berlin life adventures.
Christkindlmarkt am Rathausplatz In Vienna, Austria
The Christkindlmarkt am Rathausplatz is surely one of the most beautiful markets in all of Vienna.
The town hall as the backdrop really sets the scene.
As does the Burgtheater.
With drink (see the header photo with a hot cup of mulled wine), there must be food!
There were also some really pretty Christmas decorations to be found. And also, some other pretty oddball (yet hilarious) items.
If you’re interested in visiting even more Christmas markets in Vienna (which I highly recommend!), check out this Comprehensive Guide to Vienna Christmas Markets.
What do you think of the Christkindlmarkt am Rathausplatz? Do you have other tips for Vienna? Tell us about it in the comments.
Christkindlmarkt am Rathausplatz
Rathauspl., 1010 Wien, Austria
Good To Know
1) Find a place to stay while you’re on vacation in Vienna.
2) When you’re visiting Vienna, why not go on a tour with Get Your Guide?
3) If you love Europe as much as we do here at this blog, check out some of our top posts:
- How To Spend A Weekend In Brescia (Lake Iseo & Garda) – Spend a weekend in Brescia, Italy – including Lake Garda and Lake Iseo and follow our tips on where to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Go On A Day Trip From Berlin And Visit Braunschweig – Go on a day trip from Berlin and visit Braunschweig. Check out what to see and do while there, including checking out the Happy Rizzi Haus.
- Photos Of A Stunning Budapest Sunset – Travel often rewards you with magical moments and these photos of Budapest at sunset are certainly no exception.
4) Something to think about if you are planning to head to Vienna or elsewhere in the country? If you are traveling to Austria for a short trip of 90 days or less, you will need an Austrian Schengen visa.
If you like this post, share it on Pinterest.
*Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links. If you book a tour or hotel, I’ll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!