Krakow is seriously one of the coolest cities I’ve visited to date. I spent such a fun-filled weekend there, visiting a Jewish cemetery, checking out the Pharmacy Museum, and heading to the nearby salt mine. On top of all this (and despite the mind-blowing cold temperature of -15 degrees Celsius), I spent a lot of time walking around the city, taking in all of the street art.
As I say over and over again on this blog, street art is a different and interesting way to get to know the vibe of a place.
The Vibrant Street Art In Krakow, Poland
Krakow is a rather suitable canvas for this renegade guerrilla art form. From touring the city’s streets, I learned that local artists have a preoccupation with fascists, love a good Star Wars reference, and apparently Reeboks.
Some people prefer professional-looking murals, but I personally appreciate street art in all its forms, be it a small stencil, a humble sticker, or something else.
You can check out some of my other posts documenting street art around the world – Mostar has some pretty powerful pieces of street art, while New York has some epic murals, and there’s an especially provocative piece in Vilnius featuring the faces of two of world’s most terrible men.
STAR WARS! Being the sci-fi nerd that I am, this almost blew my mind. This is quite possibly one of my favorite instances of street art ever, ever, ever.
What do you think about the street art in Krakow? Do you have any tips about where to find good spots or specific pieces? Tell us about it in the comments.
Good To Know
1) Need a hotel or other place to stay in Krakow? Check your options with booking.com.
2) Go on a guided tour with Get Your Guide.
3) Big fan of travel in Europe? Check out some of our favorite posts.
- A Day Trip from Berlin To Görlitz In Photos – Take a day trip from Berlin to Görlitz, one of Germany’s prettiest towns. With a stunning old town & proximity to Poland, it’s worth a visit.
- Photos Of The Chain Bridge In Budapest At Night – See photos of the Chain Bridge in Budapest, Hungary on a dark and foggy night. Spanning across the Danube, the bridge connects Buda and Pest.
- Photos To Inspire You To Visit Monopoli, Italy – An introduction to the Puglia region and photos to convince you why you need to visit Monopoli, Italy right now.
*Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links. If you book a tour or hotel, I’ll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!